The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox.
1. In a large bowl, combine 4 cups of cold water + 2 tbsp of white distilled vinegar Freeze Dried Strawberry Slices
2. Place strawberries in vinegar water mixture & swirl around
3. Drain vinegar water & rinse strawberries I with fresh water
4. Pat completely dry with paper towels - very important they’re completely dry so the chocolate will stick
5. Place dried berries in the fridge to be cold for dipping!
2 bars (7oz) Lindt 70% dark chocolate
2 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil (preferred - can substitute vegetable shortening if you have that on hand)
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper
2. Arrange two small bowls - one empty to catch excess sprinkles and one filled with freeze dried berries
3. Gently gather the stem/leaves of the strawberry into a small bunch to guide them upwards so they don’t get coated in chocolate & place two toothpicks in the center on each side of the stem
4. Fill a small pot with water about 2 inches high & bring to a light simmer
5. Break up chocolate into stainless steel or glass bowl & add coconut oil - place over simmering water to slowly melt
6. Use a whisk to combine melted chocolate & coconut oil
7. Once the chocolate & coconut oil is melted, use silicone spatula to scrape mixture into a small cup
8. Holding onto both toothpicks, Dip strawberries as close to the hull (green leafy part) of the strawberry as possible & use lightly shake off excess chocolate into the cup. Use the rim of the cup to lightly remove additional chocolate on bottom
9. Over the empty bowl, shake gold sprinkles onto the melted chocolate to coat entire strawberry - lightly shake off any excess sprinkles
10. Place on wax paper on top of cookie sheet
11. On your next dip, follow the steps above and instead of sprinkles hold dipped strawberry over the bowl with freeze dried berries and crush the berries between your fingers to create a strawberry dust!
12. You can use other toppings such as chopped nuts, toasted coconut, crushed Oreos, or even strawberry Pop Rocks!
13. Place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden
14. Place strawberries in a container at room temperature - not the refrigerator - to prevent any condensation from forming on the chocolate!
15. Reserve leftover chocolate mixture in a microwavable storage container to melt & reuse for more berries or homemade Magic Chocolate Shell for ice cream!
Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
Freeze Dried Dragonfruit Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.